Skip to main content

The Beer Run - Session 36 Reflections

Some sessions are just for fun. A lot of times as a DM, I find myself with more details and ideas I want to share than I get to use. It was actually really surprising that in prepping for this session I went back 30 sessions to look at old notes, where I found LOTS of things I hadn't used!
This fun, laid-back episode was a chance for two players that like role-play to have fun and take care of some business. With life circumstances coming up, we expected to have a smaller crew, so I prepped a few small scenes to give players something to do. It was almost all character and situation development for existing NPCs and circumstances.
We had a big change for our group because one of our players is going to discontinue the game. We've really enjoyed her contributions but she has other things she wants to do and ways that she needs to use her time. I am SO impressed by the group in general- their attendance and energy has been stellar! 36 sessions out of (I think) 40 weeks since we started? Just amazing! A lot of those missed sessions are due to me and my work as well.
Next week we're kicking off some new things. We will have one, maybe two, new players next week. We have one more week with our cleric out, then we get into some underground exploring that I expect will be really epic and amazing! I need to get my 3d printer going and get ready for all this excitement!

Comments

  1. Very excited to see what set pieces you put together for your underground exploration, and it'll be fun to meet a couple of new players. Thought the drunken adventures with giants and giant armpits was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate your comment! Thanks! This was such an off-the-cuff session that I just hoped WE had fun- glad it appealed to you as well!
    Very conflicted as to whether the Dwarven crypts will be 3d printed or hand-built. Time will tell!
    As for the new players, I'm excited too. I have no idea what to expect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment