Skip to main content

Session 4 Reflections

Session 4 was a little different. I knew going into it that I wanted to have the players reflect on their new class features, because at level 3 the monk, fighter and barbarian all gained their archetypes.
We had a lot of fun with this concept. There's been an ongoing debate between myself as DM and Kelly, who plays the barbarian, about switching the barbarian archetypes for the Ranger Beast Conclave archetype to allow her to have a bear as an animal companion.
I'm still not in favor of this because I think it will make Barbarian a terrible class. I am instead encouraging proper multiclassing into Ranger in the future, where the decision will be most effective. I'm also looking at the idea of creating some sort of Beastmaster / Feral Companion Prestige Class in the future.

We did a dream sequence that probably doesn't make sense from the classic D&D book rules, but I wanted to give some contrast between the power of the Infinity Tower, which lets the players access other worlds and planes and the enemies the players may face. They may cross space effortlessly but they have also earned the ire of some great cosmic force.

We had our first follower giveaway, which was totally awesome. We're all super excited to be gaining some momentum and having people watch the stream.

The bad part of having people watch is that we are attracting trolls. I personally can handle negative feedback. I think this is a sign that you are starting to gain interest and notice, because it's always easier to criticize and tear down then to make things happen. I've never put forth effort into any endeavor without someone criticizing it. I think this is just a feat of failure for some people. If they see you trying hard, they don't want to see you succeed because they fear they can't do the same.

So don't troll people out there trying and making things. Don't fear what you could do if you tried. You can do more than you think you can.

See you all for Session 5!

Comments