Skip to main content

Facing Darkness: Session 16 Reflections

What is the Infinity Tower? This was the question that I wanted to answer this session. At least a lot more than I have so far. The PCs are entering into 'Tier 2' play now that they are 5th level and I wanted to make sure that there was a dramatic shift in the scale of the story.
We're now dealing with the Infinity Tower hands on. There's a planar enemy that may be petrifying people one at a time in Eastkeep. The PCs have jumped into a demiplane of darkness and transformation.
As a DM, I used to be totally obsessed with Ravenloft as a 2e/3e setting. For those who experienced the material, the Ravenloft setting was dark and interesting with lots of plot elements that could entice players. I didn't want to copy Ravenloft but I did want to have fun with the idea of curses and dark powers.
That's what Dreysil, my little homebrew Demiplane of Transformation, is all about.
So we've got a vampire tree that has grown up and through the Shadowfell to become a dark mirror of the World Tree Yggdrasil.
The Demiplane of Transformation, Dreysil, is like a rotten, poison fruit of that tree.
The Infinity Tower is a rope that lets people travel from branch to branch on the tree.

Looking forward to more sessions in the Planes and more exposition of these new factions in the story!

Comments