Skip to main content

PvP: The best part of RPGs (Session 12 update)

I just got to watch our Infinity Tower Session 12 on YouTube. I loved it. I lost it. In Session 11, the party got access to a Rod of Rulership. That was already going to have consequences.
In Session 12, first thing, the player holding it used it on the rest of the party.

Result: amazing role-play. Lots of fun. Totally removed the threat and consequence of a powerful magical item in the resolution of NPC conflicts.

There's nothing like when you put items out for players to use and they surprise you with them. Even better when you don't expect the things your players come up with.

Really, the best part of an RPG is playing things out with your fellow players. I've been obsessing over Powered by the Apocalypse games and so this sort of directed action with a player focus was just what I would have hoped for. Fun and unexpected.

Comments